Hunting Essentials List

wheels

Mar 1, 2011
East County, Ca
sdcvc.com
So I am getting ready to take my boys the Fort Hunter Liggett for the apprentice hunt. Either Sex Deer hunt and also planning on doing a pig hunt if we get the deer early. I will also be throwing some coyote hunting in.

So now it's time I go through my list of essentials which will be needed for this trip. I know what I am bringing but what would you be having on your list.

1. That list can change mattering what Game you are hunting
2. It matters if you are flying or driving.
3. Are you staying in hotels or camping

Holy cow, that is a broad question. My gear list would vary greatly between backpack hunt vs. truck camping vs. motelling and whether or not I'm flying vs. driving then dependant on the type of game.

My backpack bowhunts consist of 45 lbs of gear for 4-5 days so I am limited to comfort items. My truck camp/ hunting trips have NO limit to the gear I can take. All the comforts of home!

What kind of hunt do you plan on doing?

I agree with Papi tho, try and get your boys hunt on video, that would be awesome!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu