Hunting GPS X HUNT app for android or iphone

wheels

Mar 1, 2011
East County, Ca
sdcvc.com
Has anyone ever used Xhunt app program on the mobile phone. I downloaded a 7 day trial and it looks pretty good. I am wanting to use it for a Wyoming hunt I am going on this next year. Looking for advice if anyone has used this program or something else they like better

wheels said:
Has anyone ever used Xhunt app program on the mobile phone. I downloaded a 7 day trial and it looks pretty good. I am wanting to use it for a Wyoming hunt I am going on this next year. Looking for advice if anyone has used this program or something else they like better

If your going where theres no service youll need to cache the specific
area youll be hunting. I havnt been able to track my routes either dont know
How or it doesnt do it like a garmin. As far as boundaries go its very accurate.
Good luck!!

I use the onx hunt app on my I phone. I pay like $30 a year for it. Obviously a GPS would be better but for the price it works for me and keeps service with verizon pretty much everywhere I go.

Just downloaded onx hunt app for 6 day free trial. Looks good so far. Good overlays with land ownership and clearer details than the map function in Trimble. Also the cache function looks straightforward, though I haven't yet had a chance to use it off the grid. But it's only a map; Trimble has some other features that may make it worthwhile to keep both. Anyone else have experience with both?

I contacted on x customer service. I got this response to a question about map detail for different states:
"When you purchase the app you are paying for each state separately. If you buy California, you will get all private/public boundaries, land ownership, BLM, forest service, etc. Essentially each state costs $30, if you want all map detail."
I assume that's an annual fee. It's better than Garmin, but if you hunt several states it will get pricey.

just a side note.. google earth pro is now FREE! as in beer.

http://www.cnet.com/news/get-google-earth-pro-for-free/

it has property lines :)

I have been using the onX hunt maps the last two seasons and wow it's great with color coordinated areas, boundaries, property lines even land owner names. It's nice to prospect areas to scout before getting in the field. It's updated yearly and the company has been good to deal with.

I only use it on my Garmin, but really like it. I'm always Affraid my phone will die. With my Garmin, I can just put new battery's in and I'm on my way.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu