Hunting Report...

ppbets

Nov 12, 2012
I was yesterday in pine valley area , looking for bucks from 5:30 am to 6:00 pm i hike almost 6 miles in all day just i see 2 does , no males.
i was frustrated i have 3 spots there where you can see always deers around y just find 3 drunk hunters.
Day was cloudy almost all day, i think this october is to hot for hunting maybe they was nocturnal because i see deer tracks every where.
Is just me or you have same problem to see deers???

If the tracks and scat was there, Buck Tracks ? then they are there. set up Game cams figure out when they are moving. if you saw does the bucks are around. did you do visual scans with bino's? I know from personnel experience it can get frustrating. yes when the pressure is on they go nocturnal, until they get stupid and the rut is on. that's when they make mistakes. get up high with clear visual all a round and watch the trails. the issue is most get ants in their pant and want to stock which is OK, but sit as long as you can stand it and use the Binos to do the work.

Yes was huge tracks, i was on the mountain in the top and i use binos all day, but ithink go to M Laguna on weekend more activity there and more cold weather.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu