Hunting the Southern Colorado River

I hear of people hunting around Lake Martinez and Imperial Oasis and would like to hear what tactics and equipment/decoys people have been using around there. I think I am going to start hunting those areas this year.

The LCRA is almost a secret society. Minimum requirements are a boat and a dog. You will not find much about it on the interweb and that's as it should be. Expect more failure than limits for the first few years. ;) and that's if you are a good duck hunter. If you are just learning stick to Wister :)

SoCalHunter said:
I hear of people hunting around Lake Martinez and Imperial Oasis and would like to hear what tactics and equipment/decoys people have been using around there. I think I am going to start hunting those areas this year.
Old school, i love it! I havn't heard it called imperial oasis in like 20 years. Good luck on the hunting down there though. I heard if you can find the right spot......it's game on!

Funny you say that breacher, i ran into an angry possom down there one time that i had to terminate. Those things can be vicious down there but if you get into the right position, you can tag a ton of em at one time

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu