hunting train wreck...!!

ultimatedude

Aug 9, 2012
Burbank
man...what a disaster sat morning turned out to be for me....first off started hiking up to my spot when i realized i forgot my peanut butter sandwiches....so down the hill i went back for them...about a 15 -20 minute loss of time...as i was coming up to my spot i see the hind quaters of a deer already there...i glass real quick and notice its a buck 3 by 3...no time for a shot tho it gets behind some brush and stuff....so i decide to go around and cut it off before it goes down a steep ravine..i move quickly and get to the cut off spot and start looking for the deer...as i am doing this a breeze comes up and my eyes start to water...by this time i can see the deer but can`t keep my eyes from watering....i try to look thru the scope but everything is very blurry...i start gettin in a little panic mode trying to get my eyes clear....by the time they are clear....buck is gone...!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO...!!!

Better than sitting in the TV chair! Way to get out there as well as some seeing a nice buck. Go back pout and get that buck UD!

Sooo do you usually start crying when you see a legal buck? LOL Most people just start shaking.
Just joking, at least you saw something worthy. There are a lot of hunters out there that would have gladly taken that same encounter this morning.
Instead they saw nothing.

I tell you what; I will also go back to get my peanut butter sandwiches, that's for sure! Tray not to go hunting when in your days ;D ;D :p

Papi

Ultimate dude you sound like the Ultimate snacker. I read this and even though it sucks for you I got a laugh out of it thanks for sharing.

Lungpopper said:
Sooo do you usually start crying when you see a legal buck? LOL Most people just start shaking.
Just joking, at least you saw something worthy. There are a lot of hunters out there that would have gladly taken that same encounter this morning.
Instead they saw nothing.

Like me, I saw nothing today.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu