Hunting with my Bro.

Skinny Hunter

Apr 8, 2011
We went out today in the rain and fog with great apprehension. But someone told me once... (you wont know if you don't go) so we did. We spotted 5 does in a group of tree so we stayed with them in hopes that their boy friend would show up. It was crazy, the fog would come in and we wouldn't be able to see a thing, then it would lift and we'd look for them again. This went on for about an hour, then we got a look at Mr. buck. We decided to shoot. It was 208 yards to the side of the hill, rainy and the fog was coming in again. My brother took the shot, hit him in the chest. He went about 20 yards and dropped.
I had a great time watching and helping my bro. today.

Attachments

• Deer 1.jpg
    Deer 1.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 154
Outstanding job to both you and Rusty. Way to get it done with only a few days to spare. Was he shooting a .260? ;)

Did the deer act as if struck by lightning? And was that lightning bolt a Barnes X? ;D

Barns X, lightning bolt. He commented on the ride home how much he likes that Sako in.260. It never lets him down.

Cool story can't get em if you stay home, Congrats to you and your brother!!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu