I miss So Cal....

sdhunter

Mar 17, 2011
Lincoln, CA
...For the fish tacos, carne asada burritos, rolled tacos with guacamole, maybe a little bit of the weather But, I love Nor Cal waterfowling!

I'm still trying to figure it out, and my dawg is getting old, but it's great to be a waterfowler in Nor Cal.

Oh! I do miss salt water fishing too, but there's good fishing up here too!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 164
Way to rub it in Mike. It's great to see you have not lost your sense of humor!

Looks like you are going to fit right in up there. You will have it wired in a year or so. Then it will be lights out every season for you.

Keep us posted...

Looks like you are doing just fine, but I do have to ask why is there no Carne Asada Burritos? Please excuse my lack of knowledge on anything outside of Southern Cal.

CMPeterson said:
Looks like you are doing just fine, but I do have to ask why is there no Carne Asada Burritos? Please excuse my lack of knowledge on anything outside of Southern Cal.

Because North of LA (and some would say not even there), you can't get good Mexican food. They start putting rice and beans on the Carne Asada burritos and charging you $8-10 for it- and no guacamole! The local popular "Mexican" restaurants in NoCal are glorified Taco Bell establishments. And yes, Del Taco sucks just as bad in NoCal as in SoCal.

Perhaps there are exceptions up there, but if you love SoCal Mexican food, you will have trouble finding it anywhere else. I guess a caveat is necessary here though: I've heard that it's even hard to find good Mexican food in Mexico!

Finally, for a completely unsolicited plug: the best taco I've tasted in my entire life came from Tacos El Yaqui in Rosarita Beach back in 2008. They only had 3 or 4 items on their menu: cheese quesadilla, carne asada taco, and carne asada taco "perron" (with everything), maybe one other item. There was a line out to the street. At that intersection, there were also two other Mexican restaurants, and by all appearances, they were empty. Tacos El Yaqui is LEGIT! 8)

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

CMPeterson said:
Nothing compares to San Diego style taco shops...Alberto's, Roberto's, and etc... A burrito up hear must come with rice and beans in it. Just not the same and I MISS it dearly! Oh how I long for Cotijas Taco Shop or Cazadores Taco Shop on Mission Gorge Rd!

I hear that. Whoever visits my (grown) kids on the east coast MUST bring as many burritos as he/she can carry from our local family-owned hole in the wall taco shop.

CMPeterson said:
Well, since 90% of my diet consists of Alpine Taco Shop, Cotijas Hash Brown Breakfast burritos and Los Panchos CAB I would be in trouble!!!!
Los Panchors rocks, used to live off of Greenfield years ago and I say they have the best CAB. Going from Taco Shop food at least 5 meals a week to zero has been painful.

But the outdoors life is off the hook up here 8)

Mike,

Great pix........And No Cal has a rich waterfowl tradition that is hard to beat........As far as Mexican food........No place like home......... ;)

sdhunter said:
CMPeterson said:
Well, since 90% of my diet consists of Alpine Taco Shop, Cotijas Hash Brown Breakfast burritos and Los Panchos CAB I would be in trouble!!!!
Los Panchors rocks, used to live off of Greenfield years ago and I say they have the best CAB. Going from Taco Shop food at least 5 meals a week to zero has been painful.

But the outdoors life is off the hook up here 8)
I grew up off Pepper dr. on Chatsbury at the top of the hill.

Fishing looks good up. Is that a lake trout. If so I didn't realize they were in California. Hailing from Michigan they are pretty common there.

Ajsnack said:
Fishing looks good up. Is that a lake trout. If so I didn't realize they were in California. Hailing from Michigan they are pretty common there.
That was a king salmon on their run up the Sacramento River. The wifey's first, she brought it in like a pro.

sdhunter said:
...For the fish tacos, carne asada burritos, rolled tacos with guacamole, maybe a little bit of the weather But, I love Nor Cal waterfowling!

I'm still trying to figure it out, and my dawg is getting old, but it's great to be a waterfowler in Nor Cal.

Oh! I do miss salt water fishing too, but there's good fishing up here too!

Im right there with ya on the food and the fishing. Just recently moved up to San Francisco, and missing san Diego more and more. Haven't got the chance to waterfowl hunt up here, but heard its great. Awesome photos.

What refuges you huntin up there. looks like your doin fine but if you need any help for some refuges let me know

Duckgtr said:
What refuges you huntin up there. looks like your doin fine but if you need any help for some refuges let me know

I need help I just moved here a few months ago and don't really know what are some good ones to go to. Im going to be probably heading out myself making it a one man show with no dog since, my landlord is against me having mine up here. Really want to do some water fowl but haven't found a spot that would work out for my situation and limited time. any suggestions?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu