I wish they would come out with muley rut facts

mancalledhorse

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight." -Bushido
I know I ain't the only one with a stack of hunting, bow hunting and fishing magazines piling up on my toilet for "research" material. Almost every magazine has everything on whitetails. Whitetails this.. whitetails that.

There are even scientific rut schedules and facts and tactics on whitetails. I know they make all the money on them, hey! What about us? Muleys!!! Come on guys, where are the mule deer stuff?

Okay, I said my piece....

Am I the only one here?

I also wanted to know more bout the muley rut i wish there was as much research on em as there is on whitetails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I subscribe to F&S and Outdoor life (which I'm now convinced are just the same magazine). They both seem very mid- and east-centric. Hardly any info on the the west coast for either hunting or fishing. There are at least 3-4 articles about swim-fishing for stripers along the easter sea-board, but NEVER a single issue about tuna fishing out here.

What really drives me nuts is they always talk about the "West", by which they mean Montana, New Mexico, Colorado, or at best Arizona and Nevada. I got news for them...there is more to the west if you keep going west!

@msteiger - I totally get ya bro! When I see articles about "The West", I read stuff where you said they say. I have a subscription to California Game and Fish. Good stuff, but again, more about blacktails and NorCal/ Central Cal muleys.

Not much for us down here. Plus not once anything about muley cycles and stuff. We are what I call, a small niche market... sigh...

it seems to me I can never learn enough. I been hunting San Diego County D-16 area basically most of my life. The best articles are the one Dept fish & wildlife has on their website. and the best advice is also from all the locals on this SCH site.

I agree with you 100%. Last night I sent an email to the editor of California Game and Fish.

I stated no one has any info on mule deers in California (the west-west, lol!) let alone SoCal mule deer. I told them there was a big, little niche of SoCal mule deer hunters that benefit from that info or research.

Who knows, maybe there might be a response! (fingers crossed)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu