Idaho dog down

TopBuck

I despise granola heads!
Aug 1, 2011
Broke the ice today with my 1st coyote in Idaho, they are double the size of the San Diego dogs I'm use to shooting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 27
Motorhead, you are from Idaho, never heard of whistle pigs til I moved here, I've seen many but no, not enough meat on there bones!

Sub. Aven. He was missing his tail(see pic) so I left him, but did find a fur buyer for future.

Attachments

• image.jpg_thumb - Copy.png
    image.jpg_thumb - Copy.png
    2 MB · Views: 62
TopBuck said:
Motorhead, you are from Idaho, never heard of whistle pigs til I moved here, I've seen many but no, not enough meat on there bones!

They are destructive varmints on farms and ranches because cattle can injure themselves stepping on the burrows. In the east, we hunt them with a .22-250 but you are right; they are pretty much a fat squirrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technical name is Townsend ground squirrel, yes they are a fat squirrel and they are very destructive. They are a varmit hunters dream, my buddy and I could go through a brick of 22LR shells in an hour or two each, non stop shooting literally!! I have 5 30rnd 10/22 clips and couldn't reload fast enough. I used to live there but I am from CA. (don't know if that's a good thing or not)LOL they definitely make for some epic shooting. Your over in Weiser I had a place with some acreage over in Sand Hollow. Shot a few Deer over that way.

TopBuck said:

Sub. Aven. He was missing his tail(see pic) so I left him, but did find a fur buyer for future.
Tim we had them down in the valley. Richard and I used to shoot them after dove hunting but they were poisoned and the population dropped to nothing. They are fun to shoot and are good practice. Maybe you can make a stew.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu