If i was gonna buy decoys

I originally didn't like Tanglefree decoys, but always loved their clear Tanglefree decoy line....They started making full body widgeon decoys...I now use a few dozen of them...They've held up pretty good and that includes 2 bags that were lost under water for about a year...lol

.028.JPG

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I have some of those too Steve but they sure aren't as pretty to look at as those Blue Collar wigeon you had/have. I use some Tanglefree spoons because of their realistic spooning pose, but if I was starting new I'd go all Avian-X for everything else.

I have some of those too Steve but they sure aren't as pretty to look at as those Blue Collar wigeon you had/have. I use some Tanglefree spoons because of their realistic spooning pose, but if I was starting new I'd go all Avian-X for everything else.

Totally agree, Jeff...The spoonies are about the only other decoy I have of there's...Blue Collar's & pro-grades are the bomb.

.IMG_5218.JPG

I have a few.......
STEVE, I like the clear decoy cord too. Did you know they stopped making it? Talked to them personally this year and they said they just didn't have enough demand for it to keep making it...bummer

I have a few.......
STEVE, I like the clear decoy cord too. Did you know they stopped making it? Talked to them personally this year and they said they just didn't have enough demand for it to keep making it...bummer

Yes, Ron...I think I'm down to my last 50'...lol...The clear seemed to be softer too...Perfect for the cord stopper system (California rig).

.california rigged 003.JPG

I like the 18 pack how its got a nice mix.
I have never seen anyone else do that.

400lb mono leader material.

for texas rigs its good to go. just use black crimps so they do not shine in the bright sun.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu