I'll be back!

outdoordave

Jul 5, 2012
Murrieta, CA
Had to run up the hill to my brother's today (D14). Figured I'd grab the bow "just in case". Wasn't due at my bro's til 0900, So off to a favorite spot I went, wasn't on the trail 10 minutes and spoted two nice bucks. Watched em slip behind a bush and made my way to where they should've popped out. Wasn't able to catch up with them this time, but looking at the trail it was the 91 of buckville. I know I didn't spook em because I did find a real young small doe when I got there and she didn't have a care in the world about me. She was headed towards me on the trail and just looked at me, passed right in front of me at 10 yards, looked at me again like whatcha gonna do? Nothing, thought so, kept walking... SOOOOOO, found a reason to run back up there tomorrow. This time with the FULL intentions of filling a tag!

was in the same spot 30 minutes before when I saw them yesterday and waited an hour past before I got up and start lookin, didn't find them, did see two other hunters come and go empty so I know they are there. I'll be back. It was storming up there pretty good when we left.
Next time, still got plenty of time. ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu