I'm went aoudad hunting

Sdbirds

You can't kill it from your couch.
Jul 9, 2012
El Cajon
Leave on Monday won't have service. Have a story when I'm back. Pummmmmped

Re: I'm going aoudad hunting

good luck , I have never hunted them but I know someone that has and they said they are not easy to hunt !

Can't wait to see the pics Johnny!!

Saw a "Meat Eater" episode and it looked like a tough hunt. Good luck and looking forward to your report.

msailor said:
Saw a "Meat Eater" episode and it looked like a tough hunt. Good luck and looking forward to your report.

It will be in Texas

SurfNHuntSD said:
7ee7ef1c7bfa79f2291a8feef27a6289.jpg

Good luck.. they sure are mean looking SOBs.
Although an awesome pic of the animal. Not very representative of those crazy rocky, steep, bastard sheep.

That is like an Aoudad Buffalo.

Attachments

• 7ee7ef1c7bfa79f2291a8feef27a6289.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1

nicapopolis said:
SurfNHuntSD said:
Although an awesome pic of the animal. Not very representative of those crazy rocky, steep, bastard sheep.

Ya' nicapopolis - the nut sack is a dead giveaway!

nicapopolis said:
SurfNHuntSD said:

Nick,

I would assume, Texas is a lot flatter than those hunts we see in New Mexico or their natural habitat (Northern Africa).

Attachments

what does a hunt like that run for cost I wouldn't mind going and hunting them on a off out of state year

ilovesprig said:
nicapopolis said:
SurfNHuntSD said:

Nick,

I would assume, Texas is a lot flatter than those hunts we see in New Mexico or their natural habitat (Northern Africa).
I agree with you Steve. I would bet in TX you can kill an Aoudad in a 100'x100' enclosure or a 10,000 acre free range nasty county ranch in West TX. Pick your poison.

That Aoudad in the pic does look like some kids 4H project though. Lol

Attachments

Yea haha he does look a little tubby to be clambering around the steep rock. Probably a high fenced farm animal. I was just looking to post the gnarliest aoudad pic I could find.

baboltin said:
what does a hunt like that run for cost I wouldn't mind going and hunting them on a off out of state year

It's unguided we have 28000 Acres. I have a topo of the area it's definitely not flat

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu