Important info for us in CALIFORNIA

wheels

Mar 1, 2011
East County, Ca
sdcvc.com
I have a question, Do you follow the Fish and Game Commission http://www.fgc.ca.gov/ ????

Do you realize there are roughly 356,000 hunters in California and 38 million people. That leaves us in a distinct minority. Fishermen [2 million] and hunters are engaged in blood sports and we are outnumbered by the those who just can't stand the sight of blood and worry about the poor animals.

I hope you are starting to understand what I am getting at.

What I am asking is for you to become informed. You need to take a front seat in the hunting world. You need to get involved and help by being a LEVEL headed person willing to work with people that think differently than you and I. We have to be open-minded or we will be shut up quickly.

As many people know I am very involved in the clubs and groups in the predator arena. I have become passionate about it and I see what is going on because I follow the Commission. I understand they have made a Wildlife Resource Committee which will be having a meeting next month in LA. You can beat I will be at that meeting on the 15th of January. http://www.fgc.ca.gov/meetings/2014/index.aspx

You can find the agenda above by clicking on the link.

You see a few months ago they had the first meeting. Us hunter didn't sit in on that public meeting. Well HSUS did "Humane Society of the United States" and they have some questions and concerns that are being heard. Well many to say the least. Just to put a few questions they have asked and had concerns:

• They don't feel Bobcats should be taken in any manner in California
  • They would like to get rid of Electric callers for nongame birds and mammals
  • There are many other things they had questions about

If you click on the Agenda link you will see the http://www.fgc.ca.gov/meetings/2014/jan/Predator_Policy_Worksheet.pdf

When we don't get involved, others will and we will have to live with the decisions which are made. We gripe about the change going on in this state but so little of us get involved. The San Diego County Wildlife Federation is doing the best work I feel they can to be informed and keep everyone informed as the can. Do you know who the federation is? http://www.sdcwf.org/

They work countless hours trying to stay informed and be involved. They are volunteers that give there time to help us stay informed.
They worked to help bring Jamuls Hollenbeck Canyon Wildlife Area available to many.

A few of these guys on the federation have been doing it for 40 plus years and they aren't getting any younger. Who is going to take up the good fight when they can't do it anymore? We must, us younger people must step up and get involved instead of letting it fall to the side like it will.

I asked you to get involved and stay informed. I new nothing about this stuff a year ago but I started following it. I watched the commission meetings which are recorded. http://www.cal-span.org/cgi-bin/media.pl?folder=CFG

So I say this to you all because it is important for us to be involved. We can't all just pack our bags and move out of the state like so many would like to. Please ask questions and start reading. I see so many people predator hunting on this forum and they seem to enjoy it. Well it is up for some huge changes. There has even been talks about giving it seasons. We need groups like the HSUS in the county but we need people like us that are willing to also group up and be a voice. Be willing to be heard so we can get away from this Black and White view both side have. We need people like us to help share a view which is different then the HSUS. With both groups working together we can do it but with just one group we will fall short.

I am sorry for rambling on. This forum is great but if all we do is post our comment on here and never get involved even this will come to a end. We will be California which will be home of the Few Hunted.

Thanks for reading and I hope you will be willing to get involved and maybe even think about attending the meeting next month.

So Johnny told me to get on the site and look at this post and I literally just walked in the door from bobcat hunting with an e-caller in Jamul and I regularly hunt the Hollenbeck Canyon area. I appreciate you bringing this subject up because it is very important and I feel your comments are correct. I would like to become more involved in helping to preserve hunting in general in California but was not sure how to do it. It sounds like attending the meeting next month would be a great place to start.

Josh Pearson said:
So Johnny told me to get on the site and look at this post and I literally just walked in the door from bobcat hunting with an e-caller in Jamul and I regularly hunt the Hollenbeck Canyon area. I appreciate you bringing this subject up because it is very important and I feel your comments are correct. I would like to become more involved in helping to preserve hunting in general in California but was not sure how to do it. It sounds like attending the meeting next month would be a great place to start.

What he said

Oh yeah. Don't go name dropping my spots next

Thanks for replying. You know how it goes, you put a post up and you wonder if you get peoples attention.

I am glad I did, we must be involved in the things we enjoy. I posted all of the info above for you to make it to this meeting.

To be more involved I recommend being involved in Groups, Club and organizations. Some people say well I don't like clubs or I don't need clubs to hunt. Well we must remember that being involved with a bigger voice is better than just one.

This is why my group is involved with the San Diego County Wildlife Federation. You can only be involved with them if you are a group or or organization. They represent something like 15000 people. Well that is a voice.

So please spread the word and please get involved. I have connected with every Predator club in the southern state which is about 6 of them. We plan to have people attend this meeting also. Carpool will make it easier for more to attend.

We must be involved and your post was the first part of doing it.

Thanks for the info I am going to try and make this meeting, do you happen to know the time at which this meeting is going to take place? I looked but didn't see any info. Thanks again for taking a stand against these HSUS nut jobs.

WILDLIFE RESOURCES COMMITTEE
Committee Chairs: Commissioner Kellogg and Commissioner Baylis

Meeting Agenda
January 15, 2014, 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Van Nuys State Office Building Auditorium
6150 Van Nuys Blvd., Van Nuys

Thanks for posting this Wheels!!! I too love predator hunting and used to chase bobcats with my dogs. Unfortunately us hunters were a big contributor to the passing of the hound law and I have heard from many hunters who felt the use of big game/predator dogs were not a proper form of hunting. As you have stated, if ALL hunters regardless of what you chase cant unit together the HSUS will take away our hunting in this state specie by specie just as Wayne Pacelle and Jennifer Fearing said during their campaign for the anti hound bill. I remember talking to a couple of quail hunters near Eagle Peak while out pig hunting with my dogs and it was amazing how naïve some hunters are, thinking that bird hunting would never be touched by HSUS so its better to give them something to keep them happy. I would definitely be interested in attending with you guys.

Should be able to make it if anyone needs a ride between west O.C. area to Van Nuys, let me know. Just getting in to predator hunting been hunting birds and deer since I was 12, expanding out looks like fun and it would just be my luck to start and have Department of Fish and Wildlife :-\ to take it away.

In one week from Tomorrow I will be taking my day off of work so I can head to LA with a number of people from many groups for the Wildlife Resource Meeting. It is time for us to be involved.

It is time to come together as predator hunters or hunters in general to add our recommendations. You need to read the comments and become familiar with them. Here they are, just click on the link http://www.fgc.ca.gov/meetings/2014/jan/Predator_Policy_Worksheet.pdf

The info is available and all you need to do is research the codes that will be discussed. This way you will be able to contribute to this meeting if call upon. This is not a time for us to sound our horns, instead this is a time to sit and come with suggestions on how to address these issues. This isn't a meeting where policies will be made. This is a meeting where we the public have a chance to voice our input. Our input must be constructive and open to hearing all sides.

I hope you will be involved and not just sit back and then complain later.

The meeting will be held on Wednesday at January 15, 2014, 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Wildlife Resources Committee
Van Nuys State Office Bldg.
6150 Van Nuys Blvd.
Van Nuys, CA​

We will be at this meeting early to bring everyone together to have a quick chat before going into the meeting. Remember this is a meeting. We don't need you to be in Orange Vest and Orange hats. We just need you to be willing to lend a hand, ear or voice.

This is the agenda and everything you need to know about the meeting. Please click on the link http://www.fgc.ca.gov/meetings/2014/jan/011514wrcagd.pdf

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu