Info On Pig Hunt

ladiver

May 11, 2014
Yorba Linda, CA
Could anyone give me a little info on a pig hunt? I am looking at Giant Sequoia Guide Service. Do they hunt with dogs? I have heard from another hunter that using dogs to track and capture pigs is about the only way of going. I am not so sure about this.

NBK, I think you have used Neil. Could you give me a little info on your experience? Is this a hunt that could be done over a weekend? Drive up Friday night, hunt Sat and Sun. Drive home Sunday night?

Is it wise to have 3-4 hunters in a group? What are the chances of taking multiple pigs in a 2 day hunt?

Thanks,

Jeff

GSGS is a great place to start for sure. Neil offers and excellent pig hunt and at reasonable prices. Dog's are not necessary and a 2.5 day hunt is the industry norm. Typically pig hunts start on a Friday evening, all day Saturday and if needed Sunday morning. Neil is a pretty flexible guy so this is something you need to discuss.

3-4 hunters on a pig hunt is fun because you get the opportunity to watch a lot of animals get smashed. And yes the possibility of 2 pigs each is greater than not if you can get the job done.

Hog hunting has to be one of my favorite hunts. Not a lot of pressure, not a lot of time away from home, they are animated, pretty tough and they taste great. What's not to like..

Thanks,

I filled out the contact form on Neil's website. Hopefully we hear back from him and can get everyone's schedule to work out. I like the idea of NOT using dogs. I also like hearing that taking several pig in a 2-2 1/2 day hunt is possible.

Jeff

Keep us posted on how it works out with Neil and your pig hunt.

X2 on what john said. Neil will get you on pigs and there is no need for dogs, except maybe for blood tracking on occasion.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu