Introduction

redrum

Sep 14, 2012
Just wanted to introduce myself, I have been living in SD for the past 22 years after transplanting from San Antonio, Tx via the United States Marine Corps. I grew up hunting the hill country and since I have been here Socal my main hunting focus has been on upland birds and waterfowl. Just got a deer tag for the D14 Zone and I know the San Bernadino mts area fairly well, especially around Thomas Hunting grounds and the aquaducts area off of forest road 1no9. Not looking for the scoop but would like to know if I am on the right track. I opted for the d14 so I could hunt that area this year and see what it is like compared to d16. Besides hunting I love to fish (hobie outback mirage kayak) and frequent the La jolla kelp both hook and line and spear. Again not trying to pry for info but appreciate any feedback. Thanks to the forum for its time.

Well... First and foremost welcome aboard to the forum. I personally do not know your specific spots but, you say you know the SB mts fairly well so i 'll just say this. If you've seen deer or fresh signs stick with it! If not move on. I have an AO and have made a few trips up there already and seen a couple big quality bucks. Your season does not start for a few more weeks so scout, scout, scout.

For Breacher, here is a White Sea Bass taken off La Jolla, not the biggest but still tasty.

Attachments

• IMG_3456.JPG
    IMG_3456.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 14
breacher, i have a hobie pedal kayak that i take out now, in the past i have owned several inflatables and most of the time i am hunting the north end of the kelp. usually i launch out of la jolla shores and it takes me about 20-25 minutes to make it to the kelp, i also do alot of hook and line fishing there. when the swell lays down if u r interested hit me up and we will try to piece a plan together.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu