Is this the same buck????

TopBuck

I despise granola heads!
Aug 1, 2011
Tell me what you all think. The trail cam photo is from 09' the other one is from 2010, is this the same buck?

Attachments

• Trail Cam #2.png
    Trail Cam #2.png
    247 KB · Views: 54
  • A22 2010.png
    A22 2010.png
    569.4 KB · Views: 52
Nice buck none-the-less. It sure looks like the same one...

I doubt it. The verticle tines on the 2009 picture curl inward slightly, the tines on your 2010 buck are fairly strate. Also, the 2010 picture looks like a 5.5 year old where as the 2009 pic seems more like a 3.5 year old (just looking at head dimensions). It just seems to have enough difference to point toward a differenet buck.

Still hard to know with certainty.

BTW-Nice 3x!!!

teachanother said:
I doubt it. The verticle tines on the 2009 picture curl inward slightly, the tines on your 2010 buck are fairly strate. Also, the 2010 picture looks like a 5.5 year old where as the 2009 pic seems more like a 3.5 year old (just looking at head dimensions). It just seems to have enough difference to point toward a differenet buck.

Still hard to know with certainty.

BTW-Nice 3x!!!
Thanks, Look closer he's actually 4 on the palmated side(right) the left looks like a match, I'm not actually sure myself if its the same deer or not...Thx for the feedback

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu