It wasn't just a dream....

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
It has become...Reality ..almost feel guilty for drawing it with 5 points when there are folks that have gone a lifetime with out drawing an AZ Lope tag...Almost. It's on fellas..oh boy..man I hope I don't miss..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230409-143842.png
    Screenshot_20230409-143842.png
    221 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Awesome are you gonna be hunting the Boquillas? Not sure how the lope work but that seems to be the go to for elk.
Ya..will get the passes for that ranch...it's like a 150 bucks for access for the season. also have an associate that guides unit 10 exclusively..gonna do some bardering and swap some hunts .. actually starting to get performance anxiety...I don't shoot much.. usually just stand there ..so I guess I'm gonna go burn some 257 brass and get proficient...100 bucks a box...chump change..LOL!! Should he an epic hunt..come on September!!

It has become...Reality ..almost feel guilty for drawing it with 5 points when there are folks that have gone a lifetime with out drawing an AZ Lope tag...Almost. It's on fellas..oh boy..man I hope I don't miss..

Just remember, if you can touch them they are real...

He gonna be touched all right...I'm good to about 110 yds!! Feeling confident!!! That sage maggot gonna take a dirt nap .and come home in the Coleman!!!

Last edited:
I'm thinking life size ..with habitat. Don't have one of those yet of a lope.......Mrs Hatchet gonna have to work some overtime... She's damn lucky to have me.

You’re a guide. Now that you are the shooter. I am curious. What caliber and round type will you use?

John

You’re a guide. Now that you are the shooter. I am curious. What caliber and round type will you use?

John
There can be only one...the 257wbymag ..with one well placed shot of 120 grain nosler partition to the throat ..it's good night nurse for any and all large mammals that step in front of it..Alice will do her part...just hope I don't miss..I'm a terrible shot..prolly gonna hit the desert with an old water jug and get some trigger time in..lord knows I need it . And John..F Larry..he don't Know Alice Dick....But I do. Come on September 9th!

congratulations on this one, it will be great.

Oh Sweet Jesus!!!!! Come on September 9th!!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230621-143958.png
    Screenshot_20230621-143958.png
    428.1 KB · Views: 9
I've been on several hunts in that unit as I live here.( I'm just a water bottle holder though .. preferably empty!!) First time I've had a tag ... can't get on the part I'm gonna hunt until end of July..that's the way they work it..keeps the swag out until go time.. there are some parts of the unit that aren't the res though that hold goats also...10 day season..lots of time..little pressure...don't get me wrong. First minute first day..right one gets spotted.. KAPOOW. It's over . Voodoo ranger time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230621-175324.png
    Screenshot_20230621-175324.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu