It's that time of year again !

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
Time to get back in the saddle. Hunting Season is right around the corner.

I’ve been super busy at work this year and just busted out my bow for the first time in months. I had trouble finding my anchor. That’s not like me at all. I usually shoot year round and do a pig trip in the spring. But with Tejon closed it didn’t happen this year. I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled 2 ½ weeks ago and I think they may have broke my jaw because I still can’t chew food without major pain on the right side. It Sucks. It feels like I was in the ring with Brandon the cage fighter!

But I’m working hard to get ready for the Big Utah trip, and the weekend I get back from Utah is the local opener.
To do list:
• Order 2 new game camera’s.
• Hit the range at least once a week, and shoot in my back yard every other day or so for form.
• Start working out. Nothing crazy, but I need to be able to hike a stand into these spots and set it up without needing two days to recover.
• Going out this weekend to scout my local spots, and trim the trails, shooting lanes, and set up a few camera’s. I need my stands in Utah so I won’t set them up until after I get back.

Anybody else have a to do list going?

Wow sorry to hear about your jaw.
Quit my job three weeks ago to start my own company. Been busy trying to get some work together.
Scouting on the weekends, but not as much time into it as in the past. Have seen some good ones ;D.
Shooting my bow 3 to 4 times a week, wanna be ready when the ONE shows up.

I was out yesterday hanging up a couple cameras. Hopefully somthing good comes up by tuesday when i go check it out. Congratz lungpopper! I hope your company does great!

Ive been scouting/rabbit hunting not seen a single deer on public land although i did see a buck 5 minutes from my house near la jolla in san diego. Im also goin pig hunting saturday so im also scouting then post a pic of a hog if i get one. Lungpopper do you have a buck in mind as "The One" ??? Hope your company go's great lungpopper

Still working in Albuquerque Monday thru Friday, not much time for scouting although I've had a camera set up for about 3 weeks and check it every weekend, the buck #s and size are better then average so far, ordered a new over the head double gun rack from Cabelas for my Rhino that needs installing before the X9A hunt. May have to beg Lungpopper for a job so I can come home ;)

Thanks guys, it started better than I expected.

As far as the ONE goes I have seen some nice deer but nothing like last years winner.

Not sure how much time I will be able to put in so I may just have to shoot the first legal buck I see.

Don't let BuckHunter fool you the guy shoots a buck or two every year, he's a certified killer.

Did some scouting a couple weeks ago, got the camera set up on "my new spot" last weekend, gonna let it set for a few weeks before I get up to check it out. New tree stand is on the way with a new HSS vest. Went by the bow and arrow shop and ordered a new pre streched string last week so I'll be resighting my bow after they install that, since I couldn't leave Bruce's shop empty handed I picked up a set of the new 2.3" two blade rage's to try out.

Going back up the first week in August to change memory cards then set stands the weekend before the opener. Not sure yet if it's gonna be the usual river trip for dove or hunt the opener for dove then come home and deer hunt the rest of the long weekend, I guess the game camera will make that decision for me.

I doubt you'll shoot the first legal you see ;D couldnt see you forcing yourself to shoot Anything smaller than a 3x2 Lungpopper. ;D ;D ;D

Was this where the 56 and 5 south meet on the hillside to the left? If so, there is a herd that on that hillside every morning between 0530 and 0550. I use to travel that route from Temecula everyday up until mid-June.

D16hunter said:
Ive been scouting/rabbit hunting not seen a single deer on public land although i did see a buck 5 minutes from my house near la jolla in san diego. Im also goin pig hunting saturday so im also scouting then post a pic of a hog if i get one. Lungpopper do you have a buck in mind as "The One" ??? Hope your company go's great lungpopper

I went scouting on Saturday. On my way in I jumped a 1 ½ year old forky and a doe & fawn that were bedded 30 yards from my stand location. After testing my old cameras the night before I found that only one was working 100%. Scouting turned out to be 6 hours of yard work in the hot sun. Through the thick brush and poison oak I cleaned up the trails. If a deer wants an easy walk down the mountain, he’ll be taking a trail that leads to my killing tree. I hope that one camera catches a good one to get me pumped up.

Just got my new Winners Choice string installed, which leaves checking cameras, hanging stands, and putting some meat in the freezer, Can't wait!!!!!!!!

I have poison oak all over my legs from my scouting trip last weekend. Good Times ………………………… :mad:

Remedy:

Scratch the infected area profusely then adjust your boys a few times and you're good to go! ;D ;D ;D ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu