J13 Youth tag we got it done!!!

code3run

Feb 27, 2011
Covina Ca
2 hard days of hunting in rain and fog and we finally did it with a 257 yard shot with .243. Great day and on his 13th birthday too.
nltv9g.jpg

SWEET! a lot of men around here cant make that shot :)

Thanks everyone. We only had two days for this week long hunt so we had to get it done. Hardest I have worked for a doe but worth every penny. We never seen a buck and hunted rain and fog. He missed first deer at 200 yards and kept on them and got a seconed chance. Shot once and missed and took a breath and sqeezed off another one. That deer dropped in its tracks with a broken spine. Looks like it came out through the pocket. Couldnt believe the distance and had to guide my buddy to it by radio. (Ranged it several times). What a day dragging that thing off the mountain mile from the truck and getting to the truck and realizing I lost my truck keys in the hills. Was still a great day and one I will never forget.

Congratulations to you guys ! And on his birthday ! Awesome !

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu