Jason Hairston passes away...

JonnyZ

Nov 6, 2016
Shocking to see that on instagram just now. Why is it that I’m so sad right now having never met the guy? RIP sir

I read conflicting reports.. one that he died on a sheep hunt and one that he committed suicide.. odd. He had a heck of a hunting legacy, having founded 2 mega successful companies (Sitka and Kuiu) and was recently a friend and liaison to DJT Jr. and the Interior Sec. Bummers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure he was in Alaska with his son Cash on a caribou hunt

Very sad he was an incredible innovator and hunter. Out of respect for his family people should let the dust settle before we jump to conclusions. Great family man from what I have heard on podcasts and articles. He shot a a beast of a CA ram last year set the record he had his son on the hunt.

D9F66CF0-398A-4046-8625-56646C3CE87C.jpeg

Last edited:
God bless his family right know. Prayers to all of them. Let's not speculate the details. It is a tragedy regardless of how it happened. I am a big fan of his gear and what he brought to the hunting world. Godspeed Jason!

Sad news for the hunting community. My thoughts and prayers are with him, his friends, and especially for his family.

Last edited:
Reactions: NBK
I spoke with Mandy at Kuiu yesterday and seconds into the conversation she burst into tears uncontrollably. Not only has Jason's direct family been affected but his KUIU family is devastated as well.

I am still in shock over the whole thing. What a tragedy.

The folks at KUIU have treated me so well over the years, obviously a reflection of Jasons management skills and personality. We lost a giant in the hunting industry as well as a great representative and stuart of the hunting sport and heritage. It doesn't matter if you used his gear or didn't; this is a terrible deal.

Very sad...

Jason.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu