Jim the Butcher in Lakeside

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Has anyone had any experience with:

Country Smokehouse
"Jim the Butcher"
Jim & Teri Matosian

If so, what did you have done? What is his best sausage? Blah blah blah...

I have not used him, but have heard good things about him. Do you have any contact info on him?

Yes, I am meeting him tomorrow at 10:00 AM. I want him to make some sausage for me. Talked with him on the phone today; seemed like a really nice guy.

Met with Jim and Teri this morning. Very nice people and the operation is clean. I am having Jim cure and smoke 2 hams, cut loin chops and grind the remainder into linked "Cajun jalapeno cheddar cheese" sausage.

I used him and was very happy with the result. packaging is great, even got recipes.

I had a deer done by Jim in 2009 and I can't think of a single thing wrong with my experience! He is one of the nicest guys around and provideds a great product! Whoever uses him next should tell him about this site and I am pretty sure he will join. (He did on BD)

Jim did a pig for me I shot at Hogs Wild. He did a great job witht he meat. He makes a great country sausage. Everything I got was wrapped well and I havn't had any issues with it coming out of the freezer bad.

Thanks,
Larry Cochran

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu