Johnny Law. TRESPASS

KoozeDeer

Jul 18, 2016
Hello friends... complicated question. I know of a promising BLM area to hunt. However you have to cross about 20 feet of State land... from what I read you can transport a fire arm in a secure case unloaded through State land. What is your understanding of moving/handling a rifle in state land?

Hello friends... complicated question. I know of a promising BLM area to hunt. However you have to cross about 20 feet of State land... from what I read you can transport a fire arm in a secure case unloaded through State land. What is your understanding of moving/handling a rifle in state land?
You might call the applicable BLM office and see if there is an access easement across the State property. If BLM owns an easement you should be fine.

For 20' just strap the gun to a pack the tie some cord to it, Walk accross then drag the pack. You were never in possession on state land. Or get good at the long jump. Or can you tie a rope to a couple of trees and traverse accross with no boots on the ground.

I, myself would do it. Law says you can carry unloaded in case on state park land.San Diego park managers made there own rule so they don't have to deal with complaining antis. That was told directly to me by a Cuyamaca park ranger. If you get in trouble i don't know you.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu