Jr. Gteam Tagged Out!!!!

Jr. Gteam

Nov 1, 2013
My dad took my cousin and I out this morning to try and fill our A-31 tags . When we got to our hunting area there was a spike chasing a doe, we went after the doe but never got a shot so we moved on. A few canyons over we spotted a herd with four mature does and two yearlings, We decided to go after the does that didn't have yearling's, we got ahead of them and set up on a trail that would give us a 40 yard shot or so.Sure enough the herd continued in our direction and came by us, my cousinn came to full draw to my right but he didn't have a clear shot as they continued down the trail the last doe stopped in a clearing in front of me. My dad told me the distance was 35 yards so I came to full draw picked a spot and released. The arrow hit the doe low behind the shoulder and my dad whispered perfect heart shot. The doe ran about 10 yards and looked really sick as it went out of sight behind some bushes.We waited 30 minutes before walking to where we last saw it and there was my doe she went a total of 20 yards from the shot. Super fun morning wish my brother's could have joined us but Anthony was to sore from a football injury and my little brother Adam doesn't like going out in the rain. ;D

Attachments

• Timothy's A31 Doe 2013 008.JPG
    Timothy's A31 Doe 2013 008.JPG
    407.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Timothy's A31 Doe 2013 011.JPG
    Timothy's A31 Doe 2013 011.JPG
    416.4 KB · Views: 149
Way to get out there and get it done!!!
8)

Sent from my iPhone
...expect bizarre spelling errors

Great story, great picture, great shot. Awesome post. Well done Gteam.

You guys are killing it man! ;D

My hats off to you on a great season and some great looking deer.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu