Just a thought RE: Ad redirects

TheGDog

Nov 28, 2018
XX
Just a thought RE: clicking on Ads

Could you maybe change it so that clicking upon the banner Ads on your site DOESN'T re-direct the currently open browser window? but INSTEAD launches and invokes a NEW Browser window? It's kind of annoying to lose your current place on the site.

-G

The Google ads no we have to use their code as given. The new basspro not sure I'll look at it. The forum sponsor already do open in new window.

Been preocupied wth all the changes we are doing. :)

Any of you get chalenged by cloudflare

right click, open in new window
Well duh, of course *I* do that. (EDIT: Though forget some times.)

But less proficient users get lost/flustered. I'm just offering my observations from the standpoint of being a guy whose made a ton of interfaces for users over 28 years. That's all.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
The Google ads no we have to use their code as given.

Oh really?... hmmph... interesting how I can click on those same Google types of Banner ads from within Hotmail/outlook.com, and it instead invokes a new tab.

Please feel free to reach out to them and let them know what you need them to change

Ad revenue has ditched to almost zero since covid started

@Larry how do the ads work on MySpace?

More important question here, why would you feel the need be a... er uh, I mean... to attack somebody who is just trying to give constructive help geared towards making the site be better? (You know, like when I brought to their attention the severely jacked-up way the memo fields were handling shift-highlighting? Which I see they've since fixed.)

I can tell you, from almost 3 decades experience, you would not BELIEVE the kinda flack you'll catch from your userbase... even from as little as adding 1...just 1.. extra keystroke to an entry screen, for example.

But hey... whatevs...it's your guys world... all I can do is lead the horse to the water, can't make him drink it.

Last edited:

More important question here, why would you feel the need be a... er uh, I mean... to attack somebody who is just trying to give constructive help geared towards making the site be better? (You know, like when I brought to their attention the severely jacked-up way the memo fields were handling shift-highlighting? Which I see they've since fixed.)

I can tell you, from almost 3 decades experience, you would not BELIEVE the kinda flack you'll catch from your userbase... even from as little as adding 1...just 1.. extra keystroke to an entry screen, for example.

But hey... whatevs...it's your guys world... all I can do is lead the horse to the water, can't make him drink it.

Take that, Billy boy...………. :joy: :joy::joy:

rm - fr /

Last edited:

He's just kidding Larry. He gives everyone a hard time. Lighten up Francis!

And thank you for using the ads on SCH. It helps support the site.

I FREAKING LOVE THE INTERNET!

No where in the real world can you find such side splitting humor......and just when you think you have seen it all, there is another Clyde, Roper, etc to keep the comedy material flowing...... I am addicted to the humor that is provided by the internet....and this site is one of the best!

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu