Just another newb

1HitaQuita

Nov 21, 2013
What's up SCH! Another newb looking to get into hunting in socal. Hunted deer a couple times as a kid but never got a chance to shoot anything :( so I've decided to give it another try as an adult (plus I need to start clearing out this bucket list). My interest is in deer, hog & coyotes (with AR-15 & bolt action). So any info provided to me is greatly appreciated. At this point I know nothing about where to start. Looking forward to meeting some new friends and/or hunting buddies!

1HitaQuita said:
What's up SCH! Another newb looking to get into hunting in socal. Hunted deer a couple times as a kid but never got a chance to shoot anything :( so I've decided to give it another try as an adult (plus I need to start clearing out this bucket list). My interest is in deer, hog & coyotes (with AR-15 & bolt action). So any info provided to me is greatly appreciated. At this point I know nothing about where to start. Looking forward to meeting some new friends and/or hunting buddies!

Hey man, welcome & this board has all the bunch of knowledgeable guy's. if you have not done so first thing I would suggest is to get you hunter safety certificate & start from there. practice at the range. have instructors school ya in the art of safety & handling.
Then have fun. start with small game. scout all year while rabbit or coyote hunting.

LBH2

Thx. Not new to guns but new to socal hunting. At the range almost every weekend. Gotta locate my local FW office so I can take the hunting education course.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Welcome 1HQ
For hunter safety, you can do a lot of the course online, then you have to spend 1-2 days in class and pass the test. If you are in San Diego, contact Doug and Michelle McLanahan in Descanso. They do a wonderful job.
http://www.dougswildernessadventures.com

Sent via Tapatalk

It's a pleasure to meet you! I took my hunter safety course at Angeles shooting rang it's only 11 buck they give you a book to read, study, and complete at home. Then you complete a 8hour class there. It's pretty easy straight forward and for the price you can't go wrong.

Here is there web page good luck! http://www.angelesranges.com

Thx 44magdave but with me being in SD I will probably go with what Bonejour suggested

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu