just looking for general archery deer information from a relocated WA hunter

MAVfrWA

Feb 19, 2013
wow, the hunting regs here in CA, particularly SCal, are very difficult to understand. so perhaps a little help....for a first time poster.
no I don't need your gps coordinates or honey holes. I've been out scouting prior to Sept in Mt Laguna and Mt Palomar areas.
an experienced hunter but in new environment surroundings that I'm not quite used to. Lotta rain on the westside of WA and snow in eastern WA ;) But not familiar with desert and high pine elevations, as I've hunter AZ for several years.

Hello everyone, I'm a relocated mid-50's archery hunter from WA State. Been here since May. A couple long time hunting buddies thought I was crazy to leave WA but I didn't have much choice. Overall the weather is much better here to live in Oceanside and southern Cal though.

Season in WA was good, hopefully fill my special draw 2nd deer tag in the early December weekends.
looking forward to late Dec-Jan in AZ for a coues buck. Done that non-resident hunt for a few years now.
I'm a very dedicated and ethical hunter, brought up that way and stayed true to my grandfather and father's teachings for the last 40 years.
And still have my WA green hunter education card from 1966.

But for next year, I'd like to try my stick&string down here in D16 /A22 for December deer. From what I gather from regs, A22 is a draw hunt?
is there any over the counter like in AZ?
thanks for any replies or PM's and hopefully a welcome too.
MAV

MAVfrWA said:
wow, the hunting regs here in CA, particularly SCal, are very difficult to understand. so perhaps a little help....for a first time poster.
no I don't need your gps coordinates or honey holes. I've been out scouting prior to Sept in Mt Laguna and Mt Palomar areas.
an experienced hunter but in new environment surroundings that I'm not quite used to. Lotta rain on the westside of WA and snow in eastern WA ;) But not familiar with desert and high pine elevations, as I've hunter AZ for several years.

Hello everyone, I'm a relocated mid-50's archery hunter from WA State. Been here since May. A couple long time hunting buddies thought I was crazy to leave WA but I didn't have much choice. Overall the weather is much better here to live in Oceanside and southern Cal though.

Season in WA was good, hopefully fill my special draw 2nd deer tag in the early December weekends.
looking forward to late Dec-Jan in AZ for a coues buck. Done that non-resident hunt for a few years now.
I'm a very dedicated and ethical hunter, brought up that way and stayed true to my grandfather and father's teachings for the last 40 years.
And still have my WA green hunter education card from 1966.

But for next year, I'd like to try my stick&string down here in D16 /A22 for December deer. From what I gather from regs, A22 is a draw hunt?
is there any over the counter like in AZ?
thanks for any replies or PM's and hopefully a welcome too.
MAV
AO tag, but to my understanding it ends with the D16 11-24-13

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu