Just purchased a second season D6 over the phone!

SOLUTESHUNN

Jan 22, 2019
I read on here, SCH Outdoors, through another post that I should call in today, July 2nd, to see if there were any other premium tags left for purchase in D9, D6. I just got off the phone with a very nice woman at CADFW 1-800-565-1458 and swooped a D6 to add to my D13!!! So excited! They're going quick - get on the horn!!!!

I hope everyone got their desired tags, and I wish you all the best of luck filling your freezers this year! Any advice for a D6 hunt would be hugely appreciated!

Hmmm. I asked the employee on the other end of the phone at CADFW and she said that was the only "Premium Tag" hunt zone left? Either these others aren't premium -or she just didn't look hard enough. Thanks for this though, Lungpopper!

Hmmm. I asked the employee on the other end of the phone at CADFW and she said that was the only "Premium Tag" hunt zone left? Either these others aren't premium -or she just didn't look hard enough. Thanks for this though, Lungpopper!

That is just a list of available tags. D6 is “premium” in name only. It is designated as such due to the rate at which it is drawn/sold the year prior. If a zone sells out before July 1 on any year, it is designated as premium on the following year. See page 13 of the big game book and please read the whole thing as well. D6 had a 7% success rate last year which is worse than a lot of SoCal D zones.

I am not trying to burst your bubble or discourage you. D6 borders some very good zones and I think has the potential to produce a big deer if the hunter is willing to work very hard. But you need to read the big game book if you want to understand how all this works. D6 has 10,000 tags and will be loaded with hunters. Be prepared to go deep and stay longer than others. I wish you the best and please post scouting and hunt reports! Good luck!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu