Kings full curl combo

Benjammin

Feb 5, 2015
Alpine, California
Good day. Looking at purchasing a pack for my September elk hunt in Colorado. Been looking at numerous packs & wanted to see if I could get any input. Favorite so far is kings camo full curl combo. If there is any likes or dislikes pros or cons or any other feedback would be great. Thanks so much.
& have a great day.Ben.

Get a Kuiu Icon Pro and don't look back! Best investment I've ever had for hunting (besides my swaros).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaftHunter said:
Get a Kuiu Icon Pro and don't look back! Best investment I've ever had for hunting (besides my swaros).

I am happy with my Kuiu Icon Pro for sure! Their gear is amazing.

Thanks very much fellas for all the input. Was a hard decision but ended up ordering the tensing tz 4000. hopefully it will work out found a great deal on story creek.com usually sells for $379 & ended up getting it for $249 plus no tax & free shipping. Once again thank you very much & will be posting my Pict's & story after I get back. If I'm successful. :-[ Good day to all & good luck out in the field

just wanted to update. Just got new tensing tz 4000 pack in mail & I am completely disappointed with quality & what they advertise the pack to be. My kings camo 1800 cubic inch pack is far larger than the the tensing tz 4000 cannot even fit my COMPACT ultra lightweight tripod in pack & I have nothing good to say about pack. not to mention after inspecting pack seams were not properly sewn 2 interior pockets were ripping apart !!! thought tenzing was supposed to be the s*@#. should have went with my first choice of the kings full curl combo. will be returning tomorrow & ordering full curl combo as I have all kings camo gear & have not been disappointed with ANY of their products !!! just wanted to throw it out there after intense research & reviews Tenzing tz 4000 SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umm Kuiu icon pro 5200. All you will ever need haha. Can fit a whole quartered up deer plus whatever else you need

TaftHunter said:
Umm Kuiu icon pro 5200. All you will ever need haha. Can fit a whole quartered up deer plus whatever else you need

You only need an icon pro 1850 for hauling elk. This one has 2 front quarters, 2 back straps, 2 tenderloins, neck meat and everything we could cut off on the outside of the ribs. Way over 100 pounds.

Attachments

• 20150117_140210.jpg
    20150117_140210.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 33
That's stacked! I have the 1850, 5200, and 7200. And I'm about to get a 3200 lol.

Buuut I usually do 3day backpack hunts, and I wouldn't be able to fit all that plus tent, bag, pad etc. in my 1850. Not sure what this guy is going to be doing. But as you can see the 1850 is no prob for a day pack

I am with these guys on the Kuiu 1850's. We haul elk off the mountain and it is sometimes miles until we can get to a vehicle. The 1850 handles a good size haul with no problem. Having a carbon fiber pack frame coupled with the pack separating from the frame creates a meat ledge closer to you back than a conventional pack. These things comfortably haul an elk quarter along with backstraps and tenderloins comfortably.

In the picture I have an elk rear quarter, backstraps, tenderloins, my gear and my rifle. We came off a pretty good mountain with a very high comfort level. Good stuff...

Attachments

• Icon1850.jpg
    Icon1850.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu