Klamath area

slinky_70

Oct 22, 2014
This is going to be very bad for waterfowl. I remember the early 90's when water was cut back and the refuges never recovered. This will change them forever.

• Sad
Reactions: ilovesprig
this is not good.... affects all of us down range too.

Reactions: jth
This is disastrous for our waterfowl here in San Diego. Along a similar line, I used to go to MT in July and Aug to fish the big rivers---Big Hole, Jefferson, Madison, Clark's Fork---but no more. I'll go in Sept and Oct. For the past several years, due to low water levels and increasing temps, the Fish and Game closely monitors water temps. When the temp exceeds a certain threshold, all fishing is closed for that day on that river. This routinely happens before noon. Trout can't survive these high temps when they are caught and then released. In Sept and Oct the water temps drop so the fishing is wide open, although the water levels are extremely low. As I type this, a special report is on the news showing all the reservoirs in the West that are at the lowest levels in their history. I think what we are seeing in the Klamath/Tule system is just the beginning. Yesterday I read an article discussing the fact the the western US is in the most prolonged drought in at least 1500 years, based upon tree ring studies.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu