Knooby - Game Call Maker

KennyQuacker

Jun 13, 2013
El Cajon, CA
I joined this forum on the recommendation of a buddy. I have been hunting deer, coyotes, ducks, geese and pheasants in San Diego for about 20 years.

For the past year+, I have been learning how to make Duck calls and am starting on Varmint & Elk Calls. Over the years, I have gotten tired of hunting with cheezy plastic calls, so I decided to start making my own out of various types of nice wood. For now, I am only making the call barrels, and buying the Poly inserts. They sound fine, but very soon be making the call inserts. Making them sound right is the tricky part, so that is the challenge ahead.

I don't have a website or anything to gather information from other hunters, so if anyone has opinions on what they would like to see in custom game calls, just let me know.

I'd also be very interested in meeting any others that make games calls as well.

Thanks!........Kenny

Welcome to SCH Kenny. Glad to have you on the forum. And another big thanks for the huge donation (4 beautiful duck calls) you made to the 2013 SCH Banquet!

Thanks for the welcome and nice comments about those calls. I have to believe those duck calls went to good homes ;-) The BBQ pictures looked great. Next year I should be able to attend. I hope to be making quite a few more calls over the next few months, to help folks get set-up for the upcoming season.

Just looking over the posts and all the diverse interest in just about every kind of hunting, it seems like this is a growing forum of like-minded hunters. I'll be stopping by frequently for sure.

Thanks!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu