lab mix ???/

S

stikbrandon

Got a few quick questions about a dog I'm gonna go look at tonight, so here's the scoop....

she is a lab mix, the mix part of her is a mountain cur ???? (iv never heard of that breed). she is 6 months old and is already house broken and has the basics down and does not expect treats to do so. i want a dog bad. i have the time for a dog but I'm not sure i have the time for a 10 wk old puppy.

i was wondering if i should just bite the bullet and get a purebread puppy , or adopt from a lab rescue like where I'm going tonight to see this pouch.'

do you guys think this dog is train able in duck hunting , with her being a lab mix????

have you guys heard of a mountain cur?

if so are they a smart dog ?

thanks for any info/ opinions

brandon

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it could work out but chances are that it will not. If you are going to dedicate the time to train a dog for hunting start with a pup or a started dog from hunting lines. make sure the eyes hips and elbows are all clear on both parents and take your time.

The money you spend on a pup or started dog is nothing next to the time and money you will spend on the dog over it's life

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu