Laguna rec area hunting big problem

That's a brilliant idea. Put it up and highlight the important parts.
Heck, Put up the # for CalTip too.
This is a DFG law, and it specifically mentions it is illegal to interfere with hunting in a couple of sections.
It also spells out what is considered interference, and the fines and jail time would be very nice for 'interference-minded' jerks to read. Highlight it.
But also, just think;
If some hunter ever bags a video or a picture of someone committing the crime, I guess the people to call would be the DFG Right?
Seems like you would.
So just call Call the CalTip hotline.
Whoever reported it might theoretically even get a reward, because that's what they advertise;
rewards for wildlife violations, and this is CLEARLY a violation.

I really hate to think of someone having a hunt ruined, but the jerk who interferes is trampling on your happiness and your rights. They Should be written up for doing it.
And IF anybody ever received a reward for reporting them, it would be only fair. I doubt it would generate much, if any of a reward, but, If the story got around that it Could happen, most people would think twice before messing with a lawful hunter, thank God.

I know, I sound mean, but that girls' story kinda got to me. Hunting is a pretty sacred tradition in my family, and the story about that her missing that beautiful tom, is pretty messed up. If that happened to me when I was taking my kids out hunting I would be so sad, wouldn't you?
Besides, since when do mountain bikers or whatever have the moral high ground on Nature? Do they collectively pay millions of dollars for the protection of wildlife and wildlife habitat like hunters do?
Hunters are the conservationists, not anti-hunters. The DFG understands that completely. We pay the bills, they make the laws, and everybody is supposed to obey them, even anti-hunters.
(Rant over. Sorry.)
I hope this helps.

That's a very coherent "rant" ;D
Thanks for taking the time.

Sent via Tapatalk

It is called 'hunter harassment'. They get a ticket and an invitation to court where they get to explain their illegal conduct. Take the picture especially a license # and turn them in.

Suppose you report it and they find that person. Suppose, then, the person falsely (and ridiculously) claims you pointed your bow at them during the interaction. But it's your word against theirs.

Now suppose this is the investigator you get: http://tinyurl.com/lhx6s6u

The wisest move with that freak show was probably just what you did.

(Also http://tinyurl.com/mhbmocx )

We're all going to have to resort to wearing GoPro's all over our bodies... we get a bad reputation and seems like we're always the one's defending our lawful right to hunt. Ridiculous.

Camcorders to prove innocence. It's pathetic we have to resort to that. We can only operate within the laws established and fight back within a smaller set and will still have a chance of losing. Being the bigger person and letting something go sucks but makes sense every now and then.

I had a run in with a hot shot warden not to long ago. My level of respect, politelness, honesty was not reciprocated one bit. He had a badge and a attitude before he approached me. I felt like he had a ticket already filled out and didn't want to void it this evening because I was treated awfully. So much I couldn't let it go and am filing a complaint. That's about all I can do at this point

So what were you being accused of?
You know guys I have been hunting for over 30yrs, a lot of years right here in San Diego and a dozen years up in Idaho. I got to tell you when I go out hunting almost every time during hunting season I see countless hunters breaking the laws, people sneaking in on private land shooting and killing game, I hunt in a couple small areas which are bordered by private land and this year alone I witnessed more than a half dozen times guys walking in and walking right by CNF border signs like they owned the place.
When I have confronted them I have been either flipped off or been threatened with physical violence.
I have taken down license plate numbers. It is indeed unfortunate that you were treated like that by F&G, but the fact remains they are bombarded by property owners to do something about poaching and trespassing.
Heres my advice to you when you see someone breaking the law TURN THE A$$HOLE IN if you want to keep your hunting rights and priveledges,plus you will probably see a reduction in hassles by F&G.
You know what I don't give a crap what somebody thinks of me for trying to do the right thing.
just my 2cents.

I agree I have cal tips number saved in my phone for special occasions such as catching a poacher. Speaking of that anyone ever use it and get a reward?

As to my citation I was sited for possessing lead based ammunition in the condor fly range. I made a honest mistake and admitted to the mix up. I have know problem with him citing me for that it's that way he approached me and called me names that I had a problem with and wish I had it on film. I'm a strong believer in what they do for the state and us as hunters and fisherman. There is plenty more I can say about it however won't change the direction of this thread anymore. Pm me if you want the extra scoop.

Wow that totally sucks man! Sorry to hear that. Like everyone else already said if every time it happens, you get the offender on video on your phone and turn it in, it will start adding up. And you can make the offender think twice too by saying oooooowwww I got you on my phone your going to get cited and fined. Im posting this. If that happens a whole lot I guarantee the word will get around and people will think twice. I know I would not want to be video taped by someone I don't know regardless of the reason why.

Well, you're right she DID break the law.

I cant tell anyone else what they should do but I would have attempted to follow her to wherever she came from and called the ranger and the police and reported her and told them where to find her. They have an obligation to contact her and do something about it.

She better be glad it wasn't a lesser man out there that WOULD have rushed her in them woods.

I called the CalTip hotline on some commercial lobster fishermen that set pots (doors closed and baited) a week early. After telling the operator about the pots, she said, "well, how do you know they are not recreational!?" in an annoyed tone of voice. I had to politely explain the regs to the operator: recreational lobster fishermen can't use lobster pots. From there, I waited 20 minutes shivering in my wetsuit at 12:00am for her to get ahold of a warden, for me to explain the whole thing to over again. With that experience, I won't use CalTip again (unless something gets serious). I now have the personal card of the local marine warden easily accessible. The wardens usually know what's right.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu