Lake Amador

Salmon_Handicapper

Apr 21, 2020
Has anyone fished there recently? Lake level, water clarity, conditions...Haven't been there in a few years and thinking of taking the family there in the coming weeks. Thanks.

I was there last week water is low but easy to launch yet clarity wasnt bad at all pretty crowded while there and I couldnt buy a bite if I wanted too. Everything from grubs to speedy shiners and everything in between. Only ones I saw catching fish were the guys on the bank.

Where did all of the Nor Cal fishing guys go? You fella's use to post regularly.

Water is way low up here in the lakes. This island in the middle of the lake is usually around 25+ feet under water. Just give you an idea. Cousin got 5 I got 4 last weekend nothing big but nice trout none the less. Seared in butter with Chinese 5 spice served over ginger & garlic rice and stir fried veggies. Topped with teriyaki sauce. Gota get back out hopefully soon.
d85a081fa3255c29c5eccac719694b61.jpg
293ee43ae4f44c5e12ae718e39f0e87a.jpg
eb66101ad4f5adc5c9193fb086c74610.jpg

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Water is way low up here in the lakes. This island in the middle of the lake is usually around 25+ feet under water. Just give you an idea. Cousin got 5 I got 4 last weekend nothing big but nice trout none the less. Seared in butter with Chinese 5 spice served over ginger & garlic rice and stir fried veggies. Topped with teriyaki sauce. Gota get back out hopefully soon.

That looks delicious! Nice to hear from you Cal..been itching to get after some trout.

Man that looks good.

Reactions: CAL'NDN
Thanks Merle. So you haven't been melonies or Hogan lately?

Been a few times since I got the new boat. Went up last friday to melones caught a 26 inch 3 pound bow long skinny thing but the meat is super red. Got rid of the bass boat got me a deep vee now much better for the fishing the wife and I do. As for hogan havnt been in a long time. How you been?

Been a few times since I got the new boat. Went up last friday to melones caught a 26 inch 3 pound bow long skinny thing but the meat is super red. Got rid of the bass boat got me a deep vee now much better for the fishing the wife and I do. As for hogan havnt been in a long time. How you been?
Well that's good to hear , definitely be more comfortable. You will get on them hogs that lurk in there soon. Everyone all good up Eldorado my neck of the woods.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu