Lake Barrett Wed 28th

That’s too bad. Hope this weather pushes them down. Thanks for the report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim,

Duck hunting has been pretty brutal everywhere....I was told Wister averaged .6 of a duck Saturday (heard it wasn't any better today).....San J was below 1.0, if you take out ruddies, buffleheads, and coots.

I hunted the best club in the IV this afternoon and sat in the blind for over 4 hours without pulling the trigger till the last 45 minutes.....2 doubles on mallards and a single pintail gave me my 5 birds.....The owner got one shot and got 1 pintail.....Slowwww is an understatement.

.005.JPG

Thanks Steve,Sam and I still had a great time getting the lake and our gear figured out.I haven been to Berrett since I was his age,sneaking in to fish for bass.We are going later this month and maybe this weather will push some birds.Meanwhile I see a trip to the desert in our future to work on some 30-40 yds fast passing shots.

Thanks Steve,Sam and I still had a great time getting the lake and our gear figured out.I haven been to Berrett since I was his age,sneaking in to fish for bass.We are going later this month and maybe this weather will push some birds.Meanwhile I see a trip to the desert in our future to work on some 30-40 yds fast passing shots.
The last time I hunted Barrett we had some fun pass shooting ruddies from the boat. We'd motor to a spot, cut the engine, and wait for those low fliers to speed on by at 30-40 yards. Not a typical duck hunt for sure but we had to make the most of it after having no action in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How many blinds does Barrett have open? I used to hunt it a lot years ago and stopped due to the last couple of years with low water.

How many blinds does Barrett have open? I used to hunt it a lot years ago and stopped due to the last couple of years with low water.

13 blinds are open water is a little lower than last year. Get there early as they let you pick you chip for the lotto in the order you arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, 13 is down. Last time I was there it was 18 and that was down from 20.

I do remember the chip lotto every morning. It could make or break your hunt.

Reactions: msailor

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu