Lake Hodges...4-17-19

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
What a difference a couple of weeks makes....Wednesday was a beautiful morning, but another drop in lake level has IMO given them lock jaw....We only caught 6 fish in 6 hours (2 lost) and only one fish was caught up tight....Best fish I caught were on my $1.96 Yum creature baits (10-15')….The best fish of the day I caught on a Senko in 3' of water....We talked to a number of other guys and only one guy had more than 1 fish....Post spawn and dropping water, no Bueno.

ps....Pisses me off to the max that the city is dropping the water level during the spawning season....Lake Sutherland is ridiculous!....60 vertical feet....:mad:

.009.JPG013.JPG017.JPG019.JPG

Even though the fishing was off, good to see the smile on your face. Something to do with, better than working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
Great pics of you “working” for a few. At least I can be jealous while I work for a living!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear they’re messing up the fishing and likely the hatch Steve Rapidly changing water levels are never good for the bite.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu