lake poway pointers

steveo007

Nov 24, 2011
chula vista
just found out im going to my wifes company picnic at lake poway, anyone fish there got any tips ill be fishing with
my grandkids ages 9 and almost 3 gotta get them started so they can tie my hook on when i can no longer see !
checked their website looks like their pulling in some nice catfish!

Stevo,

If in doubt have mackerel & nitecrawlers with you.........A piece of nitecrawler and bobber may get you some bluegill as well.

You can try shrimp too. I usually put mackerel out too and then see what they are hungry for. Seems to work well good luck

got to the lake around 6:30 got my bait,made sure the grandkids went potty.
out to get our boat on the dock the water is crystal clear im estimating at least
20 feet the dock is swarming with catfish estimate around 30 ,thats awesome its goin
to be good fishing today. motored out to the deep end sunk our lines 1 hour nothing
move to another spot, nothing 1 more hour move again, by now the grandkids are getting restless, burnt through
our snacks trying to keep them busy. headed close too shore to try for some panfish,
its barely 9:30 my grand daughter has to pee, out of pull-ups and the grandson is sitting
on a fresh one and its scourching hot. oh well better luck next time, it was fun while it lasted.

Attachments

• lake poway1.jpg
    lake poway1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
Stevo,

Always tough with little ones......You may want to try the evening......Little cooler, catfish start biting the later it gets.

Keep at it. My daughter caught her first fish at Arrowhead last weekend after about 10 fishing trips. She doesn't have the patience to fish more than 30-40 minutes. Now that she caught one she is excited to go again. It's great you have them out there.

Well if you were fishing for catfish you could have used that diaper as chum. Those bottom suckers will eat anything lol. Still a good day on the lake with grandpa.

Truduct said:
Well if you were fishing for catfish you could have used that diaper as chum. Those bottom suckers will eat anything lol. Still a good day on the lake with grandpa.
Haha. I heard a similar tip about catfishing Murray. Just drop your line under the wire where the cormorants sit and poop all day. That's the cats feed pen.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu