SoCalCuda

Oct 2, 2018
Recently finished the Central Coast Slam and had a blast. Caught a lot of bottom fish and I am pretty sure a personal best cabezon. I also lost a 33”+ halibut off the yak. Had 3 great days of fishing! I saw a lot of Lingcod caught, just none by me.

Post tournament some monster fish were caught south of moonstone beach near Santa Rosa. Even recently there have been some monster perch from the surf caught!

Check out my review of Central Coast Slam at:

https://beachestobackroads.com/2018/...tslamdown2018/

And a video of my fishing adventure at:

Leave comments and let me know what you think.

Tights lines guys!

Cool video one subscriber added. I don’t think I could brave the open ocean on a kayak and thats from a retired Navy guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Thank you for subscribing. I was in the USCG - appreciate your service. A couple of these swells kinda made me pucker a little bit. Last year at the Estero Challenge it was 9-12’ and I got sea sick with an hour. I wish I had my cameras set up for that one. I caught a lot of fish though!

Reactions: msailor
Great video, When you switched over to head-cam I felt like I was fishing. That anxiety/rush when you hook up and see a good size fish... trying to grab the net, dang net not locking correctly. Awesome action.

Thank you for subscribing. I was in the USCG - appreciate your service. A couple of these swells kinda made me pucker a little bit. Last year at the Estero Challenge it was 9-12’ and I got sea sick with an hour. I wish I had my cameras set up for that one. I caught a lot of fish though!

Damn 9 to 12!! Sea sick or not that’s a challenge and thank you for your service as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivhunter thanks for the support. More fishing and outdoor videos to come. Yea... the net... should have gaffed it, but I lost a lingcod last video and thought the net would be better. Next time I use the net, gaff, and fish grips! It won’t get away!

That was by far my personal best Hali , I’m buying some amazing fish grips, and stowing that net for good! Thanks for the support SurfNHuntSD!

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu