Late season D 11 / D 13 tips?

Evan Howard

Jul 24, 2017
I've never hunted D 11 or D 13 but am familiar with the type of high desert terrain and oak woods as I have hunted in D 14 before. Though it has always been with someone who is familiar with the area and knows what they are doing. This year I'm doing a solo hunt and was hoping someone would know something more about the area than I do. Thanks to anyone who adds on or comments on this thread!

Attachments

• GPTempDownload.jpg
    GPTempDownload.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 27
Yup, thats about the same experience I had at d11. Seems like everywhere i set my rifle someone was always at the other end of the muzzle. Only went there once with my kids and im sure we were at the end of their muzzles too.

Wishing you good luck at bagging a buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D13 stay in the low side nothing up high try Alamo off of Smokey rd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey one question Evan...is that a lake or road. Cool picture!View attachment 33543

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
It is actually a road, didn't do much pre season preparation and just came out for a late afternoon hike to scout some of the area so didn't make it far from the road, which on second thought would have probably helped my chances.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu