Late season tip

invisible man

Walk The Line
Oct 7, 2011
About 20 feet up
Just my observation,and I don't know if its the same every where but I assume so.I mostly hunt a few spots in Julian,and I ive noticed over the years that the does with yearlings usually cycle a few weeks after the does without babies.The last 10 days has been really slow there has been no chasing going on at all.But today I seen a buck come outta no where with his nose to ground tracking one of the mommas.He walked by at a good pace and never looked up.So if your spot has slowed down abit get back out and watch the does with yearlings.I bet things will heat back up again.Good luck.

Great tip. With only a few weekends left, I'm looking to just tag out.

I'll be heading up to laguna for the first time this year, tommorow. I have noticed that in the last 2 weeks everything has slowed down, just seems like they disapeared?

I hope yer right with that tip, two weeks ago I saw 2 nice 3 points together ,the smaller buck was keeping his distance from the big guy (tells me something)I think they are waiting for the late bloomers like you are saying, but the main rut is over.
I also have said that the deer disappear in the late season, I believe they just move because of more water and new growth later in the season. Hunt in new places late in the season.
As far as being a woman killer......don't know if I can do it, will have wait and see.

Good luck this weekend!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu