Lead free Shotgun shot

BIGCIM

Feb 15, 2018
I'm planning on loading some 3" 12 gauge shells for coyote hunting due to leadfree coyote rounds being more difficult to find on the shelf.

I live in Riverside and was wondering where everyone was buying their shot from.

I'm interested in HW13 BB or TSS #2's. I need to purchase a pound of either one preferably the TSS.

Is it cheaper to buy it locally or order it?

Thanks in advance.

I know this may sound funny....But could ball bearings be used?
Possibly. I'd rather take the time with the TSS. Unless someone I know still has a box of those discontinued federal coyote rounds they want to part with. ;)

What are the shot size available in TSS? Would bismuth be a second bet. Better than steel...

Steel........................7.3
HeviSteel..................9.2(g/cc)
Bismuth.......................9.8
Hevi X tungsten.............9.8
Lead...........................11.3
H13.................... .13
Federal Heavyweight....15
TSS..........................18

The benefit of the TSS would I could use #4's or 2's and have a better proforming shell under 80yards than dead coyote but with a higher pellet count.

TSS comes in most standard sizes.

Last edited:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
If you find a place locally, please post it up! Im in Temecula. Ive just got done playing with bismuth for a turkey load that looks good. I also want to start playing with heavier coyote loads.

I haven't been at this long and been ordering online.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu