lets have some fun

• Thread starter wackum stackum mackum
  • Start date
W

wackum stackum mackum

So I just read Jim's article "practice like you hunt" . Sounds cool to men so how many of ya want to get together for a squirrel and rabbit archery pre season warm up. Full on with packs and flauge . I have some ideas of places. Just a thought.I'm gonna go regardless but if anyone is up for it let me know. This would be real fun as a group split up into pairs one ranging one slingin arrows.

Surprised guys haven't jumped on this. A lot of people come on here and say they don't know where to go.
Here we have somebody offering to show people a place to go but no takers. ::)

This would be a good idea but more info would be needed on where the meeting point would be and when it was going to happen. ???

What day would be best for everyone. I'm thinking Ramona or Julian. These spots are no secret usually very crowded during season but have serious squirrel problems.

I'm not a bow hunter :'(, but my Gamo pellet gun is sighted in at 50 yards :-\ ... and I have a range finder! ...or I can bring the Remi 870 and some slugs, or the .308 :p

Invisible man said:
Private land? Because I think its not legal to shoot squirrels on public land. ???

Not legal to shoot squirrels on public land ????????? I have never heard that before. Ground squirrels are next to rats. You can never kill them all.

I would be up for this hunt. I have done a lot of squirrel and rabbit bowhunting for practice in the past. Lots of fun. Bring a bunch of arrows with Judo points and be prepared to loose or break half of them.

When and where?

Alright let do this. I'm thinking next Saturday out on eagle peak early. Good area with mostly grass so arrows won't be to costly. Steel town I'm down for a firepower trip as well pm me and I'll take you to squirrel mecca lots of 100 yD shots its a blast .I go frequently. Bow guys let me know what you think.

Invisible man said:
Private land? Because I think its not legal to shoot squirrels on public land. ???
I don't know that to be true. I just heard someone say that in the last couple weeks. He said its illegal on public land because they are a huge food source for others animals. Im just passing it on so no one gets in trouble. Should be easy to find out.

cant hunt squirrels on public land? If that ain't the dumbest thing I ever did hear then I don't know what is hahahah

I would be in for the third. I too would like to shoot some prairie rats, I've got a 17HMR that's growing moss on it. I'll get some more of my throw away arrows ready...Whats early? break of light or ?

Sounds like the anti’s reasoning to shut it down. They are a huge food source and I’ll do my part to supply them to the turkey vultures and yotes on a rock alter. They are varmints / non-game. Season is open 365 days a year and no limit. And they are still everywhere.

Guess I'm gonna be breaking the law then. Squirrels are non game animals and I'll shoot as many as I want regardless. They are horrible on the cattle. Squirrel shoot is usually better up there a bit after the sun comes say 630

I'm in with steeltown. Recently sold the bow to my lil bro and am lacking stick and string equipment but I'm down for a rifle shoot.

I'm well versed with Ramona/Julian area...used to live there. You tell me when and where....

I swear Captainb replied to this string... his avatar is so captivating that I can't see anything else!

What.... OH sorry I was distracted by that avatar also...YUM. but back to the topic at hand, dropped my bow by Bruces shop to get a new string Saturday, should get it back Tuesday it will be dialed back in by the weekend and I will be ready to go. Hey Wackum! where are you thinking of meeting up exactly on Eagle Peak? and WHOS all going? I am done rehabbing a bunch of robinhooded arrows that I have accumulated over the past year or two.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu