Lets See Your Bow Sights

Can't remember the brand of my sight. It has 7 pins though. These two bucks were killed with a Bowtech Soldier. First buck was 11 yards and the second buck was 63 yards. Can't really say how long of a shot I would take. I guess it depends on the conditions. Less than ideal conditions ie. wind, rain, steep angles and I'd be looking for a close shot. Perfect conditions and I'd lob one out there a ways. I'm actually considering taking out my first bow and drawing blood with it. Its a 1990 Jennings Gale Force. Its where it all started..

Attachments

• IMG_5522 (640x480) (640x480).jpg
    IMG_5522 (640x480) (640x480).jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 173
  • buck2 (480x640).jpg
    buck2 (480x640).jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 170
1990 Jennings Gale Force. 45" ATA, 28" draw, #65 flings arrows at about 235 fps. Maybe a little faster if she stretches first. Check out those cams the size of a silver dollar! As you can see, she's been cooped up for a while. Need to dust her off.

Attachments

• Gale force.jpg
    Gale force.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • gale force 2.jpg
    gale force 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • gale force 3.jpg
    gale force 3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
I shot at a 3d field point shoot with buck hunter and his wife and a few of his buddy's a cuple months ago and I'd say I will not shoot past 40 yards, hahahaha I don't know, it was the first time i had my bow out since the end of last season and it wasn't pretty !

I have been practicing and am doing better but 40 would be it I think.

Does anyone use a verifier as a peep? I need readers nd this looks like it may be the ticket to clearer sight pins

I shoot a trophy ridge outlaw with 5 pins max range right bow I around 55 yards. Have room for one more pin so will probably put one on before the season.

Black gold ascent with 5pins . I have shot trophy ridge IQ copper john and nothing compares to the ascent. Go see Bruce at the bow shop and take a look . It has 5 .10 pins with the best fiber in the business. You set your 20 thru 60 pins then go back to Bruce and hell make a formula specifically for your setup mine is perfect to 120 yds and I mean perfect. With new strings and a fresh tune I can easily put 10 arrows in a 4 inch pattern at 120 6 inch at 135. Yeah I know who's gonna shoot anything at 120. Me last year I killed a coyote 108 yds square between its lookers. 386 grain arrow with rage made full toe to tail pass thru. These new bows are incredible I will not hesitate to shoot a buck at 100 if its relaxed.

I have been thinking about checking into the Ascent. Im using the Black Gold Vengeance,9 pins im pretty solid out to 100 but my 100yrd groups are no where near 4". That's incredible. :eek:

Well I live in Ramona so I have a have a lot of room . My favorite practice once fully tuned is to go out to pamo valley and I walk the road with my Rinehart (odd shaped round one) in full gear when I feel like it will just lob it off the hill and take real world shots thru bushes by rocks uphill down hill. I found out it is a loophole that you can shoot archery in the old shooting area. Well anyways its good practice and after hiking then shooting it teaches you how to gain mental control over you racing body to take good clean shots in a hunting scenario.my secret to shooting so well is simple.....take it to Bruce... I've shot almost every bow on the market and have felt that my invasion is what I shoot best. When I get super tuned by Bruce( cams, draw weight, retape) the damn thing almost shoots itself.oh and 50 arrows a day makes missing way less likely

I'll try to post my acceptance video I made to get on top shot. I went to several qualifying shoots up in LA and actually made it on the show for season three. They filmed season three January of 2012 and I had to opt out due to my daughter being born on Jan 22 . Bummer .oh well I sure wish they would have another season.

Yeah post that thing up. I could use some examples for a video for me to send to the Naked and Afraid show on discovery channel.

Invisible, sorry for hijacking your thread... ;)

It sounds like your saying its not you, its the bow, or its Bruce's tuning skills that make you so good. Anyways good shooting. It would be cool to watch you on Top Shot.

Trijicon Accupin! ;D

248310_377417475700933_471182282_n.jpg

944222_377417709034243_1071035546_n.jpg

Breacher said:
Yeah post that thing up. I could use some examples for a video for me to send to the Naked and Afraid show on discovery channel.

Invisible, sorry for hijacking your thread... ;)
No worries Breacher. Your killing me man. Im sitting here LMAO.

Black gold Rush 7 pin. First pin set at 30 last pin set at 90. With a 90 yard group from tonight. DAMN FLYERS.

Attachments

• 20130723_192603.jpg
    20130723_192603.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 20130723_192159.jpg
    20130723_192159.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 77
I was gonna post a picture of my 4" 80 yard group because I thought it was good but after reading wackums post about 4" groups at 120 yards I feel like I'm playing in the minor leagues. Clearly I don't shoot enough...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu