Lightweight Long Range Rifle

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
At the beginning stages of a lightweight long range build. Looking forward to sharing as the idea turns into reality!

Looking at the Pierce titanium and the Lone Peak titanium actions. Both are very good, the Lone Peak is a bit more feature rich. The barrel will be a Proof Research Sendero light profile.

The for sure components will be a Jewell trigger and a McMillan stock. Not sure if I want a hinged foreplate or a blind magazine.

Still a lot of decisions...

John you have a major LR bug going. There are a lot of worse things you could be hooked on. Cant wait to see the results. Caliber????

John you have a major LR bug going. There are a lot of worse things you could be hooked on. Cant wait to see the results. Caliber????

Ya' I am hooked along with Lungpopper and Taft. There is something about being able to point your rig at any target at any distance knowing with a high level of confidence you will hit said target with surgical precision. Yep, it has me by the family jewels.

Building a rig is as fun as shooing it. I think I will do another 30 Nosler JP. It is a cleaner with horsepower.

whats the goal weight?

I think I'm going to do the opposite. Might be time for a 338...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Will have to follow this build since I am wanting to build the same thing

Last edited:
Reactions: KoozeDeer
I should finally have my 28 nosler finished built and back in two weeks once I do I will have to post up some pics and info of the rifle

Yes you should post up a new thread and tell us about your rig..

For hunting (not far from the truck)... and extreme long range steel out to 2000 yards

Garrett, you should expect a call from a recruiter soon. ;)

Looking at the Pierce titanium and the Lone Peak titanium actions. Both are very good, the Lone Peak is a bit more feature rich. The barrel will be a Proof Research Sendero light profile.

The for sure components will be a Jewell trigger and a McMillan stock. Not sure if I want a hinged foreplate or a blind magazine.

Still a lot of decisions...
proof research gets my vote ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu