Lightweight Tripods

Hmmph... Really? Wow....well alrighty then. Thanks for your insight. Guess I lucked out by getting the Micro first! (since I also have a small spotter). Duly noted.

You probably could run a small spotter on the pistol grip but it’s certainly not ideal for a spotting scope. However the micro pan head is a little powerhouse. I run a 77mm 25-60 Kowa spotter on it with no issues at all.

Reactions: NBK
At a different spot I decided to try this year that is closer to road, when I noticed these other two hunters on the ridge I was intending to watch all day since I'd arrived there before light.. then noticed they were sorta working together to do a mini-drive along that ridge... man I gridded out that ridge in record time! My motivation was that I figured they were likely to bump a deer that sneaks out the back on them... I wanted to be the guy that put one thru him, since I was upset that they'd chosen to walk along skylining themselves along that ridge (#facepalm). Unfortunately didn't happen that day.. but I learned just how fast I can grid-out a place with the 15's and the Micro!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu