Limited Entry Bull Elk Utah

Great story Jim. Sorry you didn't harvest, but thanks for posting. There is just so much that has to go right in order to harvest with a bow. At least it sounds like a lot of elk were around. Did you cow call or bugle from your own setups, or only with the old timer?

But the memory of this bull and this hunt will last a lifetime. Sounds like a great hunt Jim. This kind of stuff keeps us coming back for more. Nobody said it would be easy. Thanks for sharing!

Bonejour said:
Great story Jim. Sorry you didn't harvest, but thanks for posting. There is just so much that has to go right in order to harvest with a bow. At least it sounds like a lot of elk were around. Did you cow call or bugle from your own setups, or only with the old timer?

I did some calling on my own sets too. Both cow and bugle but didn't call anything in. First time hunting elk and it was awesome . To bad it takes so long to draw a tag.

BuckHunter said:
To bad it takes so long to draw a tag.

How many points did you have when you put in?

I have 12 points and two areas I have been eyeballing. Plan is to hunt the OTC spike/cow tags first to help me decide. That will give me 2 more years and put me at 14 points before I start applying.

Thanks for posting the story. Good read.

bodomwarrior13 said:
BuckHunter said:
To bad it takes so long to draw a tag.

How many points did you have when you put in?

I have 12 points and two areas I have been eyeballing. Plan is to hunt the OTC spike/cow tags first to help me decide. That will give me 2 more years and put me at 14 points before I start applying.

Thanks for posting the story. Good read.

I had 8 points, and it was my 9th year putting in for it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu