Little hike and camp trip

G

Goyaałé

Planning a camping trip soon. Not really sure where. I would to do a small hike in couple miles or so. Set up camp start a fire habe a couple beers and relax for an evening or 2. Anyone have any suggestions? I Would like to have a camp fire. Plan on calling to get into on the camp fire. If anyone has info or is interested in joining you are more than welcome. I just want to get out

Campfire Permits
CampfireThe Cleveland National Forest does not issue campfire permits; open fires are not allowed outside of developed campgrounds.
this came straight from the CNF website.

Planning a camping trip soon. Not really sure where. I would to do a small hike in couple miles or so. Set up camp start a fire habe a couple beers and relax for an evening or 2. Anyone have any suggestions? I Would like to have a camp fire. Plan on calling to get into on the camp fire. If anyone has info or is interested in joining you are more than welcome. I just want to get out
You will have to go to the imperial county if you want to have a fire. Anza Borego is nice this time of year. The mud caves are always fun in the spring.

If you can do without a fire, then you can hike into and camp just about anywhere in CNF, maybe preferably where you've been wanting to scout. Otherwise, as has been said, Anza Borrego is probably your best bet.. maybe Blair Valley or something.

Reactions: Goyaałé
Well Looks like no camp fire. Thank you guys for the info. Been wanting to go south of the 8.

I don't like dealing with Border Patrol at all. I've had one literally one good experience at the border check on the 8. Maybe 2 good experiences I go through there a lot. All the rest have been absolute bullshit. I always get sent to secondary. Always get asked if I'm on parole always get my car ransacked. They've pulled my kids out scare them.

Also not a good area to camp or be out at night. BP always finds ya with infrared and crashes your party. I guess it depends how south of the 8 you are thinking. Anywhere around OTAY or Jacumba will have BP issues
I would rather they take my D.L. run my name and not assume I'm a felon...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu