Little hunter in the making...

breacher

Sep 4, 2012
Alpine, CA
I bought my son his first bow for his 6th birthday. I have no traditional archery experience but he appears to have some natural talent. Its a little heavy on the draw for him but he'll get there. He's already asking what he can hunt with it. :D

The bow was a "you finish" blank from 7 Lakes Longbows. Turned out great. Can't wait till it's my turn to get one! I have no loyalty to this company but I'd recommend it for anyone interested in finishing your own trad bow.

Attachments

• IMG_0692-1.jpg
    IMG_0692-1.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 12
Very cool. He'll be in the field with you punching his first A22 before you know it.

Very cool, those pictures are awesome! Way to go Breacher looks like a bear hunter in the making ;D

Invisible man said:
Way to go Nick. Why don't you and him shoot alpine with us This sat. You know we got room for him in the group.

I'll get him up there soon! This Saturday my oldest has two soccer playoff games so maybe next month.

Nick,
We will have to get the kids together and shoot, my Daughter is getting pretty good with her atomic compound. It is so cool to see the little ones flinging arrows!

Well done! Nothing more satisfying than watching the young ones indulge in sports and hunting/shooting.

CMPeterson said:
Nick,
We will have to get the kids together and shoot, my Daughter is getting pretty good with her atomic compound. It is so cool to see the little ones flinging arrows!

Sounds good. We'll get up to your place......maybe a coyote with walk in front of them.... ;)

Breacher, that is so cool :D
Keep it up and he'll be hunting with you in no time at all.

I really like seeing these pictures. My son is 3 and I can't wait to get him out there with me. He's a big part if the reason I took up hunting.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu