• Sometimes

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Never

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Hunt4lyf

Oct 9, 2017
Colorado
All the NF closures have got me to thinking about how many of you camp when you hunt locally, especially big game. I grew up in D16 and later D19 after they split D16 apart, camping every weekend during hunting season with my family, same spot every time and my Dad and several friends still do. I'm curious how many of you camp or do you day hunt from your house?

For big game I almost always camped out. I did an occasional day hunt now and then, but I like to enjoy the time being out of the house

I always camp. No better way to get a fresh start on the day. Plus it's a long drive from the coast to the mountains. This year will be the first I plan on packing in.

Luckily I can walk from my house to my hunting area so no need yet. Hoping to branch out and possibly get a tag or two out of my local zone where I may but for now sleeping in my own bed before walking into the forest to go hunt is pretty cool.

One drawback is I am staring at the forest every day saying "Man I wish you were open." It's making these closures even more difficult. :)

Last year I hunted D14 and camped Fri-Sun every weekend. This year, I'm hunting A22. Ironically, I know tons of places to camp and hunt outside of San Diego, but almost nowhere in San Diego County.

Deer hunting I always camp out as it is a good 100 + miles to A22 where I bow hunt, When I use an AO tag it just is a matter of where I go anywhere from 30 to 70 miles, for upland game & predators never as I can walk from my house to where I can hunt them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu