Lone Star Dog Down

motorhead

Jul 2, 2013
Ramona, CA
Was out White tail hunting last week and this guy came in, I watched him screw around a bit looking for stuff to eat and just nosing around. I first caught a glimpse of him about 50 or so yds out, when I saw him I instantly kneeled down, to my surprise he didn't see me so I just stayed there. I got out my range finder and ranged him and them lost sight, just stayed put for a couple minutes and he soon appeared a little to my left, He was nosing around some cactus and I moved in a little. He was completely unaware I was there, so I watched him for a couple minutes more and thought he was a going to take off away from me. just about that time he started straight for me like he was on a string, I was thinking to myself get your bow up get your bow up, as hes coming at me he finally looked down for a second and I raised my bow, drew back by this time he was about 20yds from me he stopped just long enough for me to release. there was blood splattered on the cactus behind him along with my arrow. He yipped and growled and took off to my right like a bullet went about 20ft switched back to the left and then dove straight away from me and died all in about 20 or 30 seconds. I got up went and recovered my arrow washed it off and recovered my kill.

Attachments

• lone star dog.JPG
    lone star dog.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
Awesome account of the action Motorhead. way to keep your head about things. It is amazing how situations work out if you just things unfold.

Outstanding...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu