long range for dummies

That's cool. Thats how I learned to shoot. It wasn't untill my uncle Sammy tried to teach me long range that I even heard of mil dot. Me and mil dot do not get along I don't think you need even that much stuff but it's a good start to affordable shooting.

Nice link.

hahahaha pretty much how I did for years. Mil-DOT was fairly new to me also. even thou it has been around for while . I decided get off my ass and start learning MOA & Mil Dot because it's the latest rage. hahahaha Most of my shots for deer have been what I consider close range 300 yards or less most been 100 yards. Hell I started out with an adjustable peep site back in the late 60's and early 70's. kill a deer every year with that but it was on private land. I had it so good and did not realize at the time what I had. Hunting public now and it's a lot F harder. hahaha started using scopes late 70's & early 80's . now with mil dot it's easier to estimate the distance, and of course using the new fandangle range finder. I had trained my self to make visual estimate of range looking at my target. just cause it was old school, hahahaha at the last NRA shoot at lemon grove gun club. I was making 300 yard hits with the cheap chec bolt action 22 rifle. but I missed a couple of times hahaha but it was all in fun.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu